Dual Language Instruction from A to Z
Practical Guidance for Teachers and Administrators
In this guide to developing, implementing, and improving dual-language programs, the authors provide comprehensive information on choosing an program model, planning curriculum, and the best practice teaching strategies used in successful dual language programs.
Read Full Description below »
Special Offer: Save 30% off our list price automatically when you buy 15 or more.
(click any section below to continue reading)
In this comprehensive guide to developing, implementing, and improving dual-language programs, internationally recognized experts Else Hamayan, Fred Genesee and Nancy Cloud address every aspect of a successful dual-language program, including:
- specific strategies for building community support for the program
- guidance for choosing a program model and planning curriculum across grade levels
- best-practice teaching strategies that promote content learning and language development
- guidelines for assessment and linking assessment to standards
- commentary from teachers, administrators, and instructional supervisors currently working within vibrant and successful dual-language programs
- helpful discussions of current research in the realm of dual-language instruction.
Whether you are with a school or district considering or putting together a dual-language program or you are looking to improve an existing program, let Dual Language Instruction from A to Z be your roadmap to excellence.
To preview a sample of Dual Language Instruction from A to Z click here.
Ch.1: Foundations of Dual Language Instruction
Ch.2: The First Steps: Planning or Adjusting a Dual Language Program
Ch.3: Planning for Instruction
Ch.4: Teaching Academic Content
Ch.5: Language Teaching in Dual Language Programs
Ch.6: Putting it All Together