[This is} a clearly written and easy-to-use volume.
Drama of Color is a book for teachers who wish to use folk literature and informal classroom drama to promote multiethnic awareness among elementary students. Salda-a presents twenty folk tales drawn from the oral traditions of Hispanics, Native Americans, Asians and Pacific Islanders, Africans, and African Americans. He encourages teachers to use the literature as a framework and springboard for pantomime and verbal improvisation, adding detailed methods for dramatizations, with follow-up activities in the social studies and language arts. In these dramas, you and your students will find not only the commonalities that link all human beings, but also the special values, symbols, and traditions that differentiate and distinguish us as individuals and groups.
1. Story Drama in the Classroom
2. Drama with the Child of Color
3. Stories from the Mexican and Mexican American Canons
4. Stories from the Native American Canons
5. Stories from the Asian and Pacific Islands Canons
6. Stories from the African and African American Canons
Label companion resources
Label support materials
Label product support
No sales resources available for this title