Heinemann Has A New Podcast!
We've designed the podcast to be accessible and thought-provoking. Most of the episodes will be around 10-minutes in length, so you can listen on your commute.
While many of the episodes will be ten minutes, we do plan to produce some special longer form episodes, with an in-depth focus on education.
While we have some exciting ideas for the podcast, we’d like to hear from you! What kind of shows would you like us to do? Are there topics you’d like to hear more about? Areas you need a deeper dive in? Send us a note or comment on Facebook or Twitter and let us know.
The Heinemann Podcast 2016 Episodes:
- Katherine Bomer on helping students write the essays they want to write and their readers will want to read
- Dana Johansen and Sonja Cherry-Paul on how flipped learning in the writer’s workshop can save a teacher time
- Jennifer Altieri on how literacy skills aren't just add-ons to the science class—they're critical parts of instruction.
- From Inquiry to Action by Steve Zemelman
- Heart Maps by Georgia Heard
- Ralph Fletcher on The Writing Workshop
- Bullying Hurts Part 1- Reba Wadsworth
- Bullying Hurts Part 2 – Lester Laminack
- A Mindset for Learning
- When Kids Can't Read