Respected literacy leaders, Irene Fountas and Gay Su Pinnell, hand-selected, leveled, and organized COLLECTIONS and GENRE SETS according to their F&P Text Level Gradient™ using the popular PM Readers.
Fountas & Pinnell Select COLLECTIONS K-3 provide flexible and essential opportunities to extend reading practice and strengthen newly acquired skills of primary grade students.
F & P Select COLLECTIONS offer …
- Books for use for guide, independent, and take-home reading.
- Opportunities to read and reread closely, to think, discuss, and deepen comprehension.
- Fluency practice with increasingly more challenging texts.
- Expansion of academic vocabulary and disciplinary knowledge.
- Expanded language knowledge for English language learners.
Each of the COLLECTIONS parallels the Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI) levels.
For all students, but particularly for those receiving intervention support, it is very important for students to read a large volume of texts in order to practice and apply the reading processes they are learning in LLI and in their core reading instruction.
Each COLLECTION includes:
- Resource Guide
- Press-on level labels
- Storage Container
Complete Select Title List (pdf)
Select Order Form (pdf)
There are no duplicate titles in any of the COLLECTIONS or GENRE SETS.
There are six sets of Collections 1 and 2 for guided reading Levels L-Q. There are a total of 360 books.