What can I expect when I take a Heinemann Self-Paced Course?
Heinemann Professional Development offers online, full-length courses, mini-courses, and single-session courses. Most full-length courses are between six and eight sessions long and each session takes about an hour to complete.
Throughout Self-Paced Courses, participants watch videos of the presenting author teaching in a classroom, they do short readings, and are invited to participate in different activities such as analyzing student work, reflecting on their own classroom practices, and studying teaching techniques. Within the online course there are places where participants are asked to stop and reflect in writing, and they can view responses from other people who have taken the course before them. Think of this like an archive of an online chat room full of fellow professional learners.
Videos and other assets that are contained within each course can be viewed at any time and the course can be repeated up to one year after purchase.
What is the tuition pricing for a Self-Paced Course?
We have several course structures and pricing options for our Self-Paced Courses. Tuition for courses is dependent on course structure and quantity.
We can assist you in creating a blended professional learning experience facilitated by a Heinemann team member, consultant, or author (additional fees may apply). For more information, contact us by phone at 800.541.2086 x1100, or by email at OnlinePD@heinemann.com.
Full-length On-Demand Course Pricing with 12-month Access
- 1 educator, 1 course - $199
- 10 educators, same course - $179.10 per seat
- 25 educators, same course - $149.25 per seat
- 100 educators, any combination of courses when selected at time of purchase - $99.50 per seat
3-Session Mini-Course Pricing with 12-month Access
- 1 educator, 1 Mini-Course - $49.95
- 10 educators, same Mini-Course - $39.95 per seat
Single-Session Course Pricing with 12-month Access
- Any number of educators, 1 course - $29.00 per seat
School and district group pricing is available, please call or email for details.
How do I receive Self-Paced Course credit?
Graduate Credit: You can earn graduate credit by taking a full-length course. We currently have graduate credit partnerships with University of Massachusetts Global and Antioch University.
- Mini-courses and single-session courses are not eligible for graduate credit.
- We strongly recommend checking with your school district to ensure that the credit from your chosen university will be accepted before you enroll. Students intending to transfer credit to another university are also advised to obtain approval from their advisor or the registrar before enrolling.
- Enrolling for graduate credit always requires completing a separate registration application directly from the university.
- Fees for graduate credit must be paid separately to the university.
- Registration for credit must be completed after course purchase and may be completed as late as 30 days after course completion, depending on the university.
How many Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) are available per Course?
The number of contact hours/CEUs available for a Self-Paced Course is dependent on the length of the course. Full-length courses are equivalent to 30 contact hours, or 3 CEUs. For our mini-courses, please read the course details and purchasing information for the course you are interested in to check the number of CEUs that will be awarded.
On completion of your course and all the session exercises, you will have an opportunity to save and print a CEU certificate. The link to print the certificate will be available on the last page of the course.
Do I need any special technology or equipment to participate?
You can take part from any device that will connect to the internet, has a screen and sound. For example: desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone.
How long is my access to a Self-Paced Course?
Self-Paced Course access continues for 365 days from the date you begin your course.
How do I purchase a Self-Paced Course?
To place an order for Self-Paced Courses, please choose one of these options:
- Phone: 800.541.2086 x1100 / (+1) 603.431.7894 x1100
- Online at Heinemann.com
- Purchase Order (Purchase orders can be submitted via email attachment.)
How do I use a purchase order?
We accept purchase orders. Please email with your first and last name, title, unique email address, and an attached copy of your purchase order. If registering a group, include that same information for each attendee. Please be certain to include PO and registrant information in the same correspondence. A registration confirmation will be sent to you via email.
After I purchase a Self-Paced Course, what happens next?
You will receive emails including an order confirmation, followed by a product activation email. This second email will walk you through creating your Self-Paced Course account. If you do not receive the emails, please check your Spam/Junk folder. For additional help with order confirmations, contact us by phone at 800.541.2086 x1100, or by email at .