Bring our experts to you for short or long-term consulting, coaching, or online keynote presentations.
Heinemann consulting authors are internationally noted educators skilled at virtual and in-person delivery of leading-edge thinking on the topics that matter now in teaching and learning. Whether you seek an inspiring keynote speaker, or one hour, one day, or multiple days of custom-designed professional support, there is a Heinemann consulting author to meet your specific needs. Our PD Services specialists make the process of selecting and hiring one of our consulting authors simple.
Which Consulting Authors do you represent?
Heinemann represents authors that publish with Heinemann. Please see our list of presenters above.
How do I request a consultant author?
See our Consulting Author Inquiry Form. If you have further questions, you can call us at 800.541.2086, ext. 1402.
How far ahead should I request a consulting author?
Most authors book 6-12 months ahead, but this varies based on specific authors’ schedules. Look for notes on our list of presenters above.
How much does it cost?
Consulting authors set their own fees based on the work requested. Fees do not include travel expenses.
What types of sessions or professional learning opportunities are available from consulting authors?
Most authors offer a variety of presentation formats to meet the needs of the booking group.
What can I expect when scheduling a consulting author?
- If you are interested in booking a consulting author, complete our Consulting Author Inquiry Form or call 800.541.2086, ext. 1402 to connect with a Heinemann PD Services representative.
- Once received, Heinemann PD Services will pursue author availability, make recommendations to meet your needs for the engagement, and issue a quote. Contracts and related documentation will be prepared by Heinemann and sent to you as the hiring organization. A signed contract and purchase order are required prior to providing the service.
- Upon issuance of contract, Heinemann will put you in touch directly with your consulting author to work out the final details of content, travel, etc.
- Please review the full list of Heinemann PD Services terms and conditions.
How can I plan for my Consultant Author Visit?
- Determine your PD event format, consulting or speaking needs, and tentative time frame for work or presentation.
- Compile cost and budget information.
- Research consulting author possibilities.
- Use the Consulting Author Inquiry Form or call 800.541.2086, ext. 1402 to connect with a Heinemann PD Services representative.
- Confirm consulting author selections and generate/process contracts as needed.
- Develop program and contact consulting author for biographic materials, titles and descriptions of presentation(s), and A/V needs.
- Contact A/V contractor with list of presenter needs and confirm with your consulting author(s).
- Order books, if applicable.
- Generate event details letter for consulting author and include hotel and site information, ground transportation options, contact numbers and email addresses, and schedule.
- Work directly with the author to determine content.
- Make local/ground transportation arrangements if applicable.
- Send out program draft to participants.
- Confirm travel plans for your consulting author(s).
- Arrange to greet your consulting author and distribute their conference material.
- Arrange A/V meeting with author(s) for set-up and sound check shortly before presentation.