This is an online course on Heinemann's Digital Campus. Course access is 365 days from the date of purchase. Learn more about courses on the Digital Campus.
Implement the Common Core with Confidence
The Common Core is a challenge and an opportunity for literacy education. Harnessing the Common Core Standards to Achieve Higher Levels of Reading and Writing, Mary Ehrenworth's Course at the Heinemann Digital Campus, helps you make the most of Common Core in grades K–12.
Mary shows how to achieve a high-quality implementation of the Common Core standards through curricular planning, professional collaboration, and instructional best-practices. With video, student examples, and opportunities for feedback and collaboration, this course readies you to accept the challenge Common Core presents rather than be forced to teach reactively to it.
Course Objectives for Harnessing the Common Core Standards to Achieve Higher Levels of Reading and Writing
- Learn how to read the Common Core Standards
- Evaluate your reading and writing instruction against CCSS expectations
- Raise students’ skill levels with specific teaching strategies
- Plan strategically, within your own classroom, across content-areas, and across the grades
- Understand CCSS “hot spots” and strategize to address them effectively
On completion of this course, you will be awarded a certificate for 30 contact hours, or 3 CEUs.