Virtual Workshops: Credit/CEU Information
The table below is a summary of the different credit/CEU options available for Heinemann Workshops. For further details on our university partner and how to register for and earn credit, please visit the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) page and clicking on the title of your chosen institution.
- We strongly recommend checking with your school district to ensure that the credit from your chosen university will be accepted before you enroll. Students intending to transfer credit to another university are also advised to obtain approval from their advisor or the registrar before enrolling.
- Not all graduate credit options are able to be transferred to degree programs.
- Not all credit options are available for all workshops. Please see the workshop description for specifics.
- Enrolling for graduate credit ALWAYS requires a registration directly through the university.
- Fees for graduate credit must be paid separately to the university and must not be included with your registration fee to Heinemann Workshops. Registration forms will be included in the handout packets you receive during the workshop check-in.
Virtual Workshop Credit/CEU
All virtual workshops receive the standard credit/CEU as described in the table below.
|TYPE OF EVENT||Workshop||Workshop|
|TYPE OF CREDIT||Graduate level Professional Development Credit|
|Mini-Workshop||.15 CEU = 1.5 clock hours|
|Half-Day Workshop||.25 CEU = 2.5 clock hours|
|Full-Day Workshop||.5 CEU = 5 clock hours|
|TYPE OF GRADE||N/A||Letter grade|
|REGISTRATION DEADLINE||N/A||30 days after workshop or institute date|
|WORK REQUIRED||Workshop or Institute completion only||1-3 semester hours of credit, depending upon the number of days attending the workshop and the amount of required coursework completed|
|TIME TO COMPLETE||N/A||6 months from the date of the workshop or institute|
|ACCREDITING ORGANIZATION||N/A||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|