Booking a Speaker
- If you are interested in booking a speaker, please complete our inquiry form. Once received, Heinemann Speakers will pursue author availability, make recommendations to meet your needs for the engagement, and negotiate contract terms (see format definitions). Contracts and related documentation will be prepared by Heinemann Speakers and sent to you as the hiring organization.
- Two original contracts are signed by group and returned with a deposit to Heinemann Speakers for authorization. One original is mailed back to your organization.
- Three months prior to the event a pre-engagement checklist is sent to your group to provide speakers with information about meeting set-up and location, accommodations, local contacts and transfers.
- Heinemann Speakers will assist in finalizing topics, times, transportation and public relations materials. Our office will notify book representatives in your geographic area if you would like Heinemann book exhibit materials to be available at your event.
- Copies of all travel and ground arrangements are mailed to contracted speaker and contracting organization.
- Invoicing is conducted within five days of receiving the author's expense report. Full payment of fees and travel are made directly to Heinemann, not the speaker. The speaker is reimbursed directly through Heinemann.
- Payment is due within 30 days.
Professional Development Services Menu
2019-20 Heinemann PD Catalog-Journal
Download and share the latest issue of our Professional Development Catalog-Journal, edited by Ellin Oliver Keene – now with even more articles and content to help advance your practice!