- Determine event format, speaking needs and tentative time frame for presentation.
- Compile cost and budget information.
- Research speaker possibilities.
- Contact potential speakers and/or booking agents.
- Confirm speakers and generate/process contracts as needed.
- Develop program and contact speakers for biographic materials, titles and descriptions of presentation(s), and A/V needs.
- Contact A/V contractor with list of presenter needs and confirm with speaker.
- Order books, if applicable.
- Generate event details letter for speaker: include hotel and site information, ground transportation options, contact numbers and email addresses, and schedule.
- Work directly with the author to determine content.
- Make local/ground transportation arrangements.
- Send out program draft to participants.
- Confirm travel plans for speakers.
- Arrange to greet speakers and distribute their conference material.
- Arrange A/V meeting with speakers for set-up and sound check shortly before presentation.
Professional Development Services Menu
- PD Services Home
- On-Site PD
- Online PD
- Off-Site PD
- Fountas & Pinnell PD Support
- Linda Hoyt PD Support
- Math | Science PD Support
- Custom PD Plans
- Contact Heinemann PD
2017-18 Heinemann PD Catalog-Journal
Download and share the latest issue of our Professional Development Catalog-Journal, edited by Ellin Oliver Keene – now with even more articles and content to help advance your practice!