Multi-Day Institutes: Credit Information
The table below is a summary of the different credit options available for Heinemann Institutes. For further details on each of our university partners and how to register for and earn credit, please visit their individual partnership page by clicking on the title of the institution in the table below.
- We strongly recommend checking with your school district to ensure that the credit from your chosen university will be accepted before you enroll. Students intending to transfer credit to another university are also advised to obtain approval from their advisor or the registrar before enrolling.
- Not all graduate credit options are able to be transferred to degree programs.
- Not all credit options are available for all workshops. Please see the workshop description for specifics.
- Enrolling for graduate credit ALWAYS requires a registration directly through the university.
- Fees for graduate credit must be paid separately to the university and must not be included with your registration fee to Heinemann Workshops. Registration forms will be included in the handout packets you receive during the workshop check-in.
State credit is available for the following states. Participants from all other states receive the standard CEU as described in the table below.
- Illinois: IL PD Hours are available for in-state institutes through a partnership with National Louis University. Applications are available at the institutes.
- Michigan: Heinemann Professional Development offers Michigan SCECH Credits for multi-day institutes. To obtain these credits, you must email a request to Maureen.firstname.lastname@example.org at least eight weeks prior to the institute start date. We cannot guarantee the issuance of Michigan SCECH credits without this request.
- Texas: Heinemann is an approved Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Provider #501280.
- Washington: WA Clock Hours are available for in-state Institutes. There is an additional fee that will vary depending on the length of the Institute. For out of state Institutes, please call 1-800-541-2086 ext 1151 to inquire about clock hour availability and fee.
|Type of event||Workshop or Multi-Day Institute||Workshop or Multi-Day Institute|
|Type of credit||Varies per Institutecheck individual pages||Graduate level Professional Development Credit|
|Type of grade||N/A||Letter grade|
|Registration deadline||N/A||30 days after workshop or institute date|
|Work required||Workshop or Institute completion only||1-3 semester hours of credit, depending upon the number of days attending the workshop and the amount of required coursework completed|
|Time to complete required work||N/A||6 months from the date of the workshop or institute|
|Accrediting organization||N/A||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
Professional Development Services Menu
2018-19 Heinemann PD Catalog-Journal
Download and share the latest issue of our Professional Development Catalog-Journal, edited by Ellin Oliver Keene – now with even more articles and content to help advance your practice!