One-Day Workshops: Credit Information
The table below is a summary of the different credit options available for Heinemann Workshops. For further details on our university partner and how to register for and earn credit, please visit the partnership page by clicking on the title of the institution in the table below.
- We strongly recommend checking with your school district to ensure that the credit from your chosen university will be accepted before you enroll. Students intending to transfer credit to another university are also advised to obtain approval from their advisor or the registrar before enrolling.
- Not all graduate credit options are able to be transferred to degree programs.
- Not all credit options are available for all workshops. Please see the workshop description for specifics.
- Enrolling for graduate credit ALWAYS requires a registration directly through the university.
- Fees for graduate credit must be paid separately to the university and must not be included with your registration fee to Heinemann Workshops. Registration forms will be included in the handout packets you receive during the workshop check-in.
State credit is available for the following states. Participants from all other states receive the standard CEU as described in the table below.
- Illinois: IL PD Hours are available through a partnership with National Louis University. Applications are available at the workshop.
- Texas: Heinemann is an approved Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Provider #501280.
- Washington: Participants will need to register for WA state clock hours at the workshop. They will be awarded by Puget Sound ESD. There will be an additional fee of $10.00 (checks only - no cash or credit cards). Other than Portland, OR these credits are not available for out of state events.
|TYPE OF EVENT||Workshop or Multi-Day Institute||Workshop or Multi-Day Institute|
|TYPE OF CREDIT||.5 CEU = 5 clock hours||Graduate level Professional Development Credit|
|TYPE OF GRADE||N/A||Letter grade|
|REGISTRATION DEADLINE||N/A||30 days after workshop or institute date|
|WORK REQUIRED||Workshop or Institute completion only||1-3 semester hours of credit, depending upon the number of days attending the workshop and the amount of required coursework completed|
|TIME TO COMPLETE||N/A||6 months from the date of the workshop or institute|
|ACCREDITING ORGANIZATION||N/A||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
Professional Development Services Menu
- PD Services Home
- On-Site PD
- Online PD
- Off-Site PD
- Fountas & Pinnell PD Support
- Linda Hoyt PD Support
- Math | Science PD Support
- Custom PD Plans
- Contact Heinemann PD
2016-17 Heinemann PD Catalog-Journal
Download and share the latest issue of our Professional Development Catalog-Journal, edited by Ellin Oliver Keene – now with even more articles and content to help advance your practice!