Benchmark Professional Support
Delivered On-Site by Heinemann-Trained Consultants
The Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System is the most reliable, research-based resource for:
- determining students' reading levels based on the Fountas and Pinnell A-Z Text Gradient
- assessing and understanding students' reading performance
- connecting assessment to instruction.
Available for both System 1 (Grades K-2) and System 2 (Grades 3-8), Benchmark Professional Support introduces participants to the thinking behind the Fountas & Pinnell Benchmark Assessment System, provides training on how to administer and analyze the assessment, and helps participants understand instructional and grouping implications. Through demonstration, guided practice, and discussion, teachers learn how to:
- administer, code, and score a Benchmark reading assessment
- determine independent, instructional, and placement levels for readers using the Fountas and Pinnell A-Z Text Gradient
- analyze a child's reading performance-including reading comprehension, reading rate, and word analysis-to assess the reader's current processing system
- assess reading fluency using a rubric
- administer a variety of other literacy assessments, such as word analysis, print concepts, and reading overview
- gauge the instructional implications for both whole-group and differentiated, small-group instruction.
Benchmark Professional Support: the very best on-site training you can give your staff, for the very best assessment system available today.
Please call 800.541.2086 ext. 1402 for pricing information. Seminar pricing includes professional support only. Benchmark materials can be purchased from your sales representative or directly through Heinemann.
- ON-SITE PD
- ONLINE PD
- OFF-SITE PD
- Fountas & Pinnell PD Support
- Firsthand PD Support
- Math | Science PD Support
- Custom PD Plans
- Contact Heinemann PD
Heinemann PD Catalog-Journal
Our latest issue of Heinemann's Professional Development Catalog-Journal, edited by Ellin Oliver Keene, delivers inspirational stories of leadership overcoming challenges and creating opportunities. Ellin describes, "These leaders move quietly, working the back channels to make sure that teachers are free to teach and children are engaged in the kind of learning experiences that they will remember for a lifetime."
We encourage you to download and share our Catalog-Journal articles and resources collected here. »